A campaign website for Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke, Jr. has now gone live. That's a link to the site in the preceding sentence; a link has also been added to the blog Sidebar.
According to his campaign website, Judge Lyke is a lifelong Chicago-area resident, raised on the South Side of Chicago, "in the Robert Taylor housing project and Englewood communities." While growing up "poor and the youngest and only son of a single-mother of six," Lyke "dreamed of becoming a lawyer and ultimately a judge." Lyke was licensed as an attorney in Illinois in 1994. He was appointed to the countywide Biebel vacancy just this past July; this month he was slated by the Cook County Democratic Party for a countywide judicial post.
Lyke's campaign website notes that, before becoming a judge, he tried "over 500 cases, argued thousands of motions and negotiated thousands of settlements. He served as prosecutor for approximately six years and a criminal defense attorney for 15 years thereafter. Thus, Lyke writes, "I’ve been on both 'sides of the fence.'" Lyke also served as an Administrative Law Judge for the City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Licensing before his bench appointment, according to his campaign website.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment