The Illinois Supreme Court today elevated Circuit Court Judge Laura Liu to the Appellate Court.
Technically, Justice Bertina E. Lampkin, a Circuit Court judge who serves on the Appellate Court pursuant to Supreme Court appointment, was appointed to the vacancy created by the sudden death of Justice Patrick J. Quinn. (Justice Lampkin will, however, retain her current caseload in the Sixth Division.) Judge Liu is being assigned to the vacancy created as a result of Justice Lampkin's reassignment; Judge Liu will, however, assume Justice Quinn's caseload in the First District's Second Division.
Judge Liu will remain a Circuit Court judge during her assignment to the Appellate Court (at any given time roughly one quarter of the First District's justices are Circuit Court judges assigned to the Appellate Court by the Illinois Supreme Court). Judge Liu's assignment, and Justice Lampkin's, runs from February 3 through December 5, 2016.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment