WBBM Newsradio 780 recently reported the arrest of Thomas Pridgeon, a mortgage foreclosure defendant in a matter now pending in the Daley Center. According to the linked report, Mr. Pridgeon allegedly arrived for a hearing in his case carrying a briefcase. When the briefcase was placed on the belt scanner an alert sheriff's deputy noticed the outline of what turned out to be a ".45-caliber handgun was loaded with one bullet in the chamber and seven more in the clip."
The good news is that security works in the Daley Center. It would be nice, though, since screening is so effective, if the powers-that-be could be persuaded to unlock the stairway doors between, say, the 20th and 23rd floors.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment