For What It's Worth now has a second page: That's where you'll find the judicial ballot for the February 5, 2008 primary -- vacancy by vacancy, in ballot order.
Only five names on page two have links back here to "In Their Own Words" posts as this is written -- but as each new "In Their Own Words" post is received, a link will be added. And, of course, the essay will be posted here, on page one.
The goal is simple: Every Cook County judicial candidate would submit an essay. Voters will be able to visit page two, click on a race in which they are interested and read each candidate's essay (clicking back and forth using the back arrows on their browsers) and thereby make informed choices.
Absentee ballots will be available soon after Christmas; early voting begins in mid-January. I'm hopeful, therefore, that candidates will submit their essays as soon as possible.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment