Thursday, January 25, 2018

I don't know yet whether this is fake news but...

Multiple sources have contacted FWIW in the last week or so to advise that the current associate judge selection process has been greatly accelerated and that the 'short list' might be forthcoming at almost any time. My sources seem to be zeroing in on tomorrow for the announcement, but I heard from someone this morning who'd been told the announcement might even be made today.

I put a call in first thing this morning to Pat Milhizer, the Director of Communications for Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans, seeking confirmation of these swirling rumors, but I have not yet heard back. If and when I do, I will update this post, or put up a new one, as may be appropriate.

UPDATE:There is no short list coming out this month. There will be no short list until April at the earliest. See this post for details.

No comments: