Friday, October 18, 2013

Justice Shelly A. Harris announces plans to seek Gordon vacancy

Justice Harris
Appellate Court Justice Shelly A. Harris has announced his intention to file for the for the Gordon vacancy in the March 18 Democratic primary. Here is the statement issued today by Justice Harris:
When Joseph Gordon died last year the Appellate Court of Illinois, First District lost a brilliant jurist who had a profound knowledge of the law. His passing has resulted in one of the three vacancies on the Appellate Court which will be filled in the 2014 elections.

Today I am announcing that I am a candidate in the March primary election to fill his vacancy. A deciding factor for me was that I believe of the people running for this vacancy, I am the best qualified to continue the high standard of competency that he embodied. I am the candidate who has Appellate Court experience, been found Qualified or Recommend by all bar associations to serve on the Court and has the most judicial experience. I believe it is important that we continue to have the best people on the Appellate Court.

No candidate for the Gordon vacancy can better or match my experience and qualifications:
  • Justice of Appellate Court, First District since 2010 having authored over 140 Opinions and Orders.
  • Rated Qualified/Recommended by every bar association that rates judges.
  • Over 25 years Trial Lawyer Experience
  • 10 years Circuit Court Cook County Trial Judge
  • Former Chicago Public Schools Teacher
I look forward to the election campaign and ask for your support.

Respectfully,

Shelly A. Harris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought his name was "Sheldon"....

"Sheldon" as he registers with the ARDC...

(http://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp?id=826462592_

"Sheldon" as in the judge visited in the Daley Center by FBI agents....

(http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2002-09-12/news/0209120174_1_andrew-harris-federal-agents-campaign)